Monday, August 4, 2008

Coeur d'Alene Fun

Today was a celebration two years in the making! Lady Jan and I have been wanting to plan a girls day for our birthday for two years...we had it all planned out. Get pedicures, go out to lunch, and shop it up, and FINALLY we were able to do it today. Michael went to Nana's in the morning and i set out for a great adventure with my Jan. We started the morning getting our Starbucks and getting our toes done. I must tell you that being a nail technician is a very dangerous job, specially if you have me for a client. I'm not your average person, i am EXTREMELY ticklish! yes i know, most people are, but I'm to the extreme, all you have to do is point towards my feet and I'm laughing like a hyena! That poor lady, i was doing everything in my power NOT kick her in the face! Why do i put myself through that tickle torture you may ask? I like my feet to be pretty...DUH:) Once our toes were a pretty shade of summer red, we made our road trip to downtown Coeur d"Alene for some lunch and Antique shopping! Boy did i hit the jackpot today! We ate at the Banzai Bistro and had crembluea (sp?)for dessert. This wasn't any normal dessert, this was like heaven in your mouth! Jan put it best.."i could just lick the whole plate!"...we just might have if we weren't in such a fancy place!!!! Also in the shops i bought a sign for Michael's room that says " I love you to the moon and back" (this is a quote i say all the time to him) and for my adorable husband i found a few comics of superman! Apparently one of them wasn't just any comic, one of them was an original copy that Andy didn't have yet! BONUS POINTS:)
This day wasn't just a day of fun, it meant a lot to me. I needed to reconnect with my best friend and today gave me that chance and more! one of my favorite summer days today, that's the truth!!!

No comments: