Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recovery

So it has been 4 days since the surgery and it has not been fun let me tell you...Thursday i was so nervous going in. Not because of the surgery itself, but because of those darn IV's they have to put in. I AM NOT A FAN OF NEEDLES...AT ALL!!!! but the nurse did really well and they actually have this Freeze Spray that use to numb you which is A GOD SEND to those who are terrified of needles...i didnt even feel it go in. The next thing i remember is waking up to my husband saying its time to go home...the rest of that night was a blur and than Friday came around...not a good day! the pain came on SOOO fast and then started the throwing up. When you just finished having teeth and jaw surgery and its hard for you to even smiling, just imagine the pain it brings for when you have to actually open your mouth for 2 days straight to throw up...not a fan, nope not at all. But through the bad the good shines through...aka MY MOTHER! My wonderful, beautiful, caring, helpful mother drove up from Oregon to save the day. She was amazing. She cleaned, she cooked, she held my hair back, took care of my son, she was supermom through and through. Im so lucky to have her for my mom! Today has been a better day, havent puked so thats a plus, and i was able to go out to target for an hour...im still swollen like a chipmunk and i got heat flashes and very dizzy...but it felt so good to get out of the house. I went and bought andy's Christmas gift and some Christmas decorations for the house and my mom spoiled me with some lip gloss and a coffee...have i mentioned that i love her? Tonight is my last night for painkillers (im cutting myself off) because i dont want to become dependent on them, plus my husband has to work tomorrow so i need to take care of michael and there is no way i need to be on them and take care of him at the same time...so good ol ibuprofen has to do!

wish me luck!

1 comment:

joyfuliving said...

ok...so i guess i didn't read this one yet. but, now, i have! :)

target makes all things better all the time.